The Data Engineer design databases optimized for performance, implementing schema changes, maintaining data architecture standards across all of the organization’s databases. The Data Engineer also defines and builds the data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business and strives to ensure proper data governance.
- Maintenance, improvement, cleaning and manipulation of data in the business operational and analytics databases.
- Analyze complex data elements and systems, data flow, dependencies, and relationships and contribute to conceptual physical and logical data models
- Work with software engineers, data analytics teams and scientists, and data warehouse engineers in order to understand and aid in the database design, data flow requirements, implementation, performance and data analyses, and troubleshoot any existent issues.
- work in development and deployment of innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing.
- Perform thorough testing and validation in order to support the accuracy of data transformations and data verification of day to day transactions and data used n machine learning models.
- Monitor performance and implement disaster recovery, backup, automated testing, schema migration, and continuous deployment.
- draft regular performance and progress reports and prepare presentation for senior data engineering management and senior data science leadership, reports that have to be clear, concise, engaging, and convincing, which will require exceptional communication skills to deliver.
- convey technical information across the organization including non-technical departments, leading to a positive outcome and the overall improvement in the business performance
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or other technology related field
- Minimum 2 years working experience as a database engineering support or administrator within a fast-paced and complex business settings
- ability to design, build, and maintain databases and business’s ETL pipeline and data warehouse. The candidate will also demonstrate expertise in data modeling and query performance tuning on SQL Azure or similar databases
- Experience working with Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Integration Services, Salesforce, and other data visualization tools, ex. Tableau, Power BI, Power Pivot
- A result-driven, an analytical and creative thinker, an innovative problem solver, self-motivated and proactive, highly organized, have ability to handle-multiple and simultaneous tasks meeting aggressive deadlines, a team player, and demonstrates an exceptional ability to stay calm and composed in the face of adversity.
- SQL Azure, MS SQL, MongoDB, R, Python, RESTful API consumption
- Reporting Services, Analysis Services, and data visualization tools, ex. Tableau, Power BI, Power Pivot
- Excellent communications skills